Sign up for this fun and family-oriented outdoor activity! It’s way more fun than a 5K!
Two person teams – adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult – race against other teams completing a one mile course filled with fun challenges modeled after the popular television show “THE AMAZING RACE”. Whether you run, jog, watch or walk, it’ll be a BONDING experience you will never forget.
Testimonial: “What an awesome day my son and I had. My son could not stop talking about it and thanking me for taking him! It has made memories that will last a lifetime.”
The Great Amazing Race series makes pit stops in all NFL cities. The top 25 teams from each city qualify for the Championship Race and a chance to win $2,000! (August Championship Race in Cincinnati / December Championship Race in New Orleans)
1. Two person teams (adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult) race against other teams completing a string of up to eight fun-filled challenges spread across a one-mile cross-country course. Each challenge station will contain a SECRET CLUE CARD that instructs each team to complete a task (game, relay, obstacle course, etc.) before proceeding to the next station. The team that reaches the finish line with the fastest overall time wins. How well you work together as a team is the most essential ingredient to winning the race.
2. To ensure fairness and safety of all involved, some of the tasks are slightly modified for youth and senior participants. Contestants should be prepared to get a little dirty and wet – it’s part of the fun!
3. Racers can choose a RECREATION PACE (for those who prefer to walk or jog) or COMPETITIVE PACE (for those who prefer to run). Kindergarten and Pre-K are allowed only if paired with an adult.
4. Active duty, reserves and retired – military, law enforcement, fire department (including spouses) – receive a 50% discount off team entry fee.
5. Waves begin every 10 minutes … kids teams, then adult teams.
6. There’s no reason to leave the family at home. Spectators can tag along for free and take photos for the scrapbook.
7. Plan on 60 minutes to complete the course. Reminder, this is a rain or shine event!
8. In the event a team or team member is not available, another can be substituted on race day. Tickets are transferable.
The GREAT AMAZING RACE SERIES supports the 30-MINUTES-A-DAY family and academic initiative, a national program that encourages parents to be a good ROLE MODEL by participating in three daily activities (30 minutes, 5 times a week) at home, with their kids,Â that have the power to improve their student’s academic performance and family quality of life: physical exercise, reading books and eating healthy. As with anything, children learn more from watching what you do than to what you say. LEAD BY EXAMPLE!
Many of the races are hosted by professional athletes and offer participants an opportunity to get autographs and take pictures with the celebrities.
FROM COUCH TO RACE TRAINING PLAN (3 times a week)
This beginner’s training schedule has helped many participants get off the couch and ready for the Race.
Week 1: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 60 seconds of walking = 10x each.
Week 2: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking = 7x each.
Week 3: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 3 minutes of jogging and 3 minutes of walking = 4x each.