Sign up for this fun and family-friendly activity that’s an obstacle course and adventure race combined. It’s way more fun than a 5K and a perfect birthday party idea!Two-person teams (kids grades K-12 & adults) consisting of friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers race around a one mile course completing challenges modeled after the popular television show “The Amazing Race“. Whether you run, jog, walk or watch, it’ll be a bonding experience you will never forget!
“What an awesome day my son and I had. My son could not stop talking about it and thanking me for taking him! It has made memories that will last a lifetime.”
The Great Amazing Race Series makes pit stops in NFL, NBA and MLB cities. The top 25 teams, from each city, qualify for the National Championship Race and a chance to win $2,000! (August Race in Cincinnati / December Race in New Orleans)
1. Two-person teams (adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult) race against other teams completing a string of up to eight fun-filled challenges spread across a one-mile cross-country course. Clue cards provided at each station directs teams to perform tasks involving games, relays and obstacles – before proceeding to the next station. Contestants strive to reach the finish line with the fastest overall time.
2. How well you work and communicate with your teammate are the most essential skills to completing and to winning the race.
3. Contestants should be prepared to get a little dirty and wet – it’s part of the fun!
4. Racers can choose a Recreation Pace (for those who prefer to walk or jog) or Competitive Pace (for those who prefer to run).
5. To ensure safety of all involved, challenge stations are scaled based on age of participants. Kindergarten and Pre-K are allowed only if paired with an adult.
6.Â Plan on 1 hour to complete the course. Each course is designed to ensure beginners are able to complete the race within the allotted time, while veteran racers will complete the more difficult challenges.
7. Tickets are fully transferable. In the event a team or team member is not available, another can be substituted on race day.
8. There’s no reason to leave the family at home. Spectators can tag along for free and take photos for the scrapbook.
9. Reminder, this is a rain or shine event!
10. Celebrate someone’s special day in a wild way! Our birthday party space can accommodate a maximum of 25 teams. Space fills quickly so don’t delay.
The GREAT AMAZING RACE SERIES supports the 30-MINUTES-A-DAY Family Initiative, a national program that encourages parents to be good ROLE MODELS by participating in three daily activities (30 minutes, 5 times a week) at home, together with their kids, that have the power to improve their student’s academic performance and family quality of life: physical exercise, reading books and eating healthy. As with anything, children learn more from watching what you do than to what you say. LEAD BY EXAMPLE!
Many of the races are hosted by professional athletes and offer participants an opportunity to get autographs and take pictures with the celebrities.
FROM COUCH TO RACE TRAINING PLAN (3 times a week)
This beginner’s training schedule has helped many participants get off the couch and ready for the Race.
Week 1: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 60 seconds of walking = 10x each.
Week 2: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking = 7x each.
Week 3: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 3 minutes of jogging and 3 minutes of walking = 4x each.