A National Race Series for Adults & Kids Grades K-12
Since 2012 – Over 150 Races & Thousands of Smiles
Help Us Support Children Battling Cancer
A Cool Fundraiser & Birthday Party Idea
See Race Highlight Video … Click Here
Sign up for this D.I.T. (Do-it-Together) family-friendly competition that is modeled after the TV show THE AMAZING RACE, where teams of 2 people complete a one mile course speckled with fun team-oriented challenges. It’s way more fun than a 5K!Whether you run, jog, walk, it’ll be a bonding experience you will never forget!
“Thank you for an amazing day! My daughter and I haven’t laughed so much or pushed ourselves so hard in forever. We will be back!”
“We had such a great time at the race on Sunday! I don’t remember the last time I laughed that much with my husband. It was the perfect day.”
THE GREAT AMAZING RACE Series makes stops in NFL, NBA and MLB all across the country. The top 25 teams from each local race qualify for Regional Championship Race and a chance to win $1,500! (Spring in Kansas City / Summer in Cincinnati / Winter in New Orleans)
We are thrilled to be partnering with the Max Cure Foundation’s Dunk Your Kicks program which fights against pediatric cancer. You too can join the fight by donating 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes that will be converted into dollars to support children battling cancer. When you do, you will receive a free mulligan/time saver token for the race. We believe, one good deed deserves another!
1. Two-person teams (adult/adult, adult/kid or kid/kid) race around a one-mile course in competition with other teams. Teams complete a string of up to eight fun-filled challenges speckled every 200 yards. Clue cards provided at each station directs teams to perform a challenge with an emphasis on teamwork, before proceeding to the next station. Teams strive to arrive at the finish line with the fastest overall time to be declared the winner.
2. How well you work and communicate with your partner are the most essential skills to winning the race.
3. Racers should be prepared to get a little dirty and wet – it’s part of the fun.
4. Recreation & Competitive Levels. Course includes varying levels of difficulty (easy, intermediate, difficult), based on the age and fitness level of the participants. Be aware … competitive course consumes energies equivalent to a 5K race.
5.Plan on 60 minutes to complete the course.
6. Unsure of a teammate? No worries, you have until race day to decide on a teammate.
7. Mulligan/Time-Saver Tokens are available. Teams will be given a second chance to complete a task without penalty. It’s great for any race miscues. (Max 1 per team) Teams that donate 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes to fight pediatric cancer (Dunk Your Kicks Program) will receive token for free.
9. Spectators are welcome to tag along for free to cheer on the racers and take photos for the scrapbook.
10. Teachers, Military, Law Enforcement and Fire Department- active duty, reserves, and retired – including spouses – receive special pricing.
11. Fundraising Program:groups, schools, clubs & organizations can receive a $100-$120 payment for every 10 teams represented in the race.¬†
12.Large Groups & Birthday Parties: celebrate someone’s special day in a wild way! We can accommodate any size group and will put you in the same wave. Space fills quickly so don’t delay.
13. Competitions are held rain or shine, unless threatening or dangerous weather conditions exist.
14. We can set up a similar health & wellness event for your company or community. Click here to sign up.
15. Buy Gift Certificate:¬†give your family and friends the giftof health & wellness that they will love. Click Here
THE GREAT AMAZING RACE Series supports¬†30-MINUTES-A-DAY Family Initiative, a national D.I.T. (Do-It-Together) campaign that encourages parents to spend 30 minutes a day reading books, eating healthy or exercising with their kids, to improve their child’s academic performance and family quality of life.
Many of the races are hosted by professional athletes and offer participants an opportunity to get autographs and take pictures with the celebrities.
FROM COUCH TO RACE TRAINING PLAN
This beginner’s training schedule has helped many participants get off the couch and ready for the Race.
Phase 1: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 60 seconds of walking = 10x each. (3 times a week)
Phase 2: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking = 7x each. (3 times a week)
Phase 3: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 3 minutes of jogging and 3 minutes of walking = 4x each. (3 times a week)