Enjoy America's Most Exciting Family Friendly Adventure Race! ~ Donate Sneakers for Pediatric Cancer!
Copyright @ Great Amazing Race. All rights reserved.
RACE DESCRIPTION (started 2012)
Inspired by THE AMAZING RACE television show, 2-person teams race around a 1.5 mile cross country course completing a string of fun-filled physical and mental challenges. Instruction cards provided at each station describes a task that each team must complete before proceeding to the next challenge station. Teams strive to arrive at the finish line with fastest overall time to be declared the winners.
How well you work together with your partner (aka TEAMWORK) is the most essential skill to winning the race. Racers should be prepared to get a little dirty and wet - it's part of the fun!
1. Ages: open for ages 4 to 84 ... walkers, joggers and runners.
2. Teams: teams consist of 2 persons ... adult/adult, adult/kid or kid/kid.
3. Course: Recreation Course (for those who prefer to go at a leisure pace) or Competitive Course (for those who prefer a challenge and are physically active).
4. Race Divisions: Medals awarded to top finishers of each division, (which are based on grade of younger team member). Grades Pre K-3 / Grades 4-8 / Grades 9- Age 39 / Ages 40 & older. .
5. Shoe Donations: Teams that donate 2 used pairs of sneakers for pediatric cancer will receive a free 2 minute time-saver token. (Max of 1 token per team)
6. Waves: Waves begin every 10 minutes - kids teams, then adult teams.
7. Time: Average time to complete the course is 60 minutes.
8. Spectators: Spectators are welcome to tag along & cheer on the contestants ... for FREE!
9. Fundraise: Sign up 10+ teams and receive a $150 rebate for your group, club or team... Click Here
10. Discounts: Teachers, Military & 1st Responders can purchase discount tickets... Click Here
11. Weather: The race will be held rain or shine. For the safety of the participants - if there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff.